Subject: Re: [PATCH] allow commands to be executed in submodules

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:08:27 +0200

hoi :)

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 10:59:33PM +0200, Alex Riesen wrote:
> Is there multiple places? Is it hard to create a specific function out
> of a generic one? (which can be used from other places and your
> specific can't and we would need the generic one anyway).

you can add a specific new function for submodules, dropping the
nice property of child_process that you only have to initialize a few
fields and then can run the command.

> "Generic" is not about "multiple places". Generic is about "general"
> as opposite to "specific". Gives you flexibility and wider application
> range.

Generic code and abstractions only make sense when they are _useful_.
Lets not overengineer it.  If we later see that we need more, then
so be it.  KISS.

But now lets go on and don't discuss about such details.
I'm happy if I can run commands in submodules and don't care about the
actual code.

-- 
Martin Waitz