Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update bash completion to ignore some more plumbing commands

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 02:12:28 -0400

Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Signed-off-by: Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |    4 ++++
>  1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

OK, sorry this missed 1.5.2.  I've applied it into my fastimport
master branch, I guess it will be in the next 1.5.2 based release.
;-)
 
>  I am not sure if it is OK to exclude checkout-index as it is
>  the only method of exporting the source as a directory. Also,

It might make sense to exclude checkout-index as plumbing, but I
use it myself so often (and tab complete it too) that I want to
keep it in.  So I deleted that one line out of your patch when I
applied it.

>  I don't understand why git-diff-* is not excluded.

Because I personally also use git diff-tree a lot.  The others
(diff-files, diff-index) I *never* use directly so I'm thinking
maybe they should get flagged as plumbing and get removed from
the completion.

-- 
Shawn.