Subject: Re: [PATCH] Update bash completion to ignore some more plumbing commands

From: Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:06:24 +0200

Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote Mon, May 21, 2007:
> Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Signed-off-by: Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]>
> > ---
> >  contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |    4 ++++
> >  1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
> 
> OK, sorry this missed 1.5.2.  I've applied it into my fastimport
> master branch, I guess it will be in the next 1.5.2 based release.
> ;-)

Good! :) I didn't know, it was maintained in the fastimport branch. You
might consider mentioning it in the header of the file.

> >  I am not sure if it is OK to exclude checkout-index as it is
> >  the only method of exporting the source as a directory. Also,
> 
> It might make sense to exclude checkout-index as plumbing, but I
> use it myself so often (and tab complete it too) that I want to
> keep it in.  So I deleted that one line out of your patch when I
> applied it.

Very well.

> >  I don't understand why git-diff-* is not excluded.
> 
> Because I personally also use git diff-tree a lot.  The others
> (diff-files, diff-index) I *never* use directly so I'm thinking
> maybe they should get flagged as plumbing and get removed from
> the completion.

OK.

-- 
Jonas Fonseca