Subject: Re: [RFC] Fourth round of support for cloning submodules

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:35:12 +0200

hoi :)

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 05:50:42PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Honestly speaking, I do not think people have no business
> peeking into configuratoin remote repository has, and it would
> be preferrable that supermodule Porcelain stuff does not rely on
> that.

yes.
I would greatly appreciate having one standard repository format,
also for subprojects so that it is not possible to look into the
remote configuration.

However I do see that the site administrator might want to physically
separate the different subprojects which is difficult to support
in one big monolithic repository.  But if additional information
about the physical location of subprojects is neccessary, then
that should be stored in something like .git/info/subprojects or
similiar, instead of the .git/config.

-- 
Martin Waitz