Subject: Re: [MinGW port] Unable to repack on Clearcase dynamic views

From: Jan Hudec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 20:11:37 +0200

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 20:28:15 +0200, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> Wasn't because it's better to make .git a link to a repository somewhere 
> else? Just a guess.
> 
> ln -s /somewhere/repo/.git .git
> 
> Works fine for me (yes, in a clearcase dynamic view).

It works for me too. It requires cygwin version of git though, since windows
don't have native symlinks.

> BTW, Does anyone have something like git-cvsexportcommit for clearcase?

No, but it should not be too hard to create.

If you want to quickly import something, you can try starting with something
like:

diff clearcase-view git-checkout > p
lsdiff p | xargs -d '\n' cleartool checkout
patch -p $n < p

You'll have to sort out which directories to run which command in and how
many components to strip with -p in the patch. It also does not handle adding
and removing.

-- 
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <[email-masked]>