Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Add git quick reference

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 13:15:47 -0400

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 08:24:23PM +0200, Jonas Fonseca wrote:
> It attempts to list some of the most commonly used commands, which should
> give new users an idea of how to get started.
> 
> Available both as a manpage (generated via a script) and HTML page.

We have a "git quick start" here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#git-quick-start

and there's one on the wiki:

	http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/QuickStart

I think the one in the manual tries to follow the organization of the
manual more closely.

I haven't tried to compare those two recently, or to compare yours to
either of them.  If you could compare and suggest any improvements,
that'd be helpful.

I like your name better ("quick reference" as opposed to "quick start").

Having it as a man page may be a good idea too.  I'd like to keep a copy
in the manual as well, though, so we'd have to include from some common
file.

--b.