Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-mergetool: Allow gvimdiff to be used as a mergetool

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:45:45 -0400

Dan, your patch didn't add a gvimdiff check to the code which
determins which merge tool to use if one isn't specified in the config
file:

if test -z "$merge_tool" ; then
    if type kdiff3 >/dev/null 2>&1 && test -n "$DISPLAY"; then
	merge_tool="kdiff3";
    elif type tkdiff >/dev/null 2>&1 && test -n "$DISPLAY"; then
	merge_tool=tkdiff
    elif type xxdiff >/dev/null 2>&1 && test -n "$DISPLAY"; then
	merge_tool=xxdiff
    elif type meld >/dev/null 2>&1 && test -n "$DISPLAY"; then
	merge_tool=meld
    elif type opendiff >/dev/null 2>&1; then
	merge_tool=opendiff
    ...

Was this interntional?

Regards,

						- Ted