Subject: Re: git-svn dcommit failure

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 13:05:27 -0700

Florian Weimer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * Eric Wong:
> 
> >> After manually committing the offending changes via Subversion, I
> >> git-svn has begun to work again, too (but I haven't yet tried to
> >> change the same files).
> >
> > Would upgrading to 1.5.2 final have helped?
> 
> I've upgraded to this version, but since it's not exactly trivial for
> me to test this on the Subversion side, it'll take some time until I
> can be confident that the bug was indeed fixed in the
> 6442754d6cc0056cf5b69b43d218f8b6d317e7f5 revision.
> 
> Is there some kind of magic environment variable I could set to get
> tracing information?

Nope.  I usually strace protocol or put print statements all over the
code :x

> If such bugs turn up, I'd try to debug them on
> my own and submit a fix, or at least a reproduction recipe.  (The
> repository itself may contain personally identifiable information in
> test cases and hence, cannot be shared.)

Was the commit modifying a file that was just one directory deep from
the project you were working on?

-- 
Eric Wong