Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] Add gitmodules(5)

From: Matthias Lederhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:31:36 +0200

Lars Hjemli <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Could you please try one or both of the following escape-sequences?
> 
> \.gitmodules
> #.gitmodules#

#.gitmodules# seems to produce a good xml file, html is fine too.  But
the conversion from xml to a manpage seems to be broken:

    $ xmlto -m callouts.xsl man gitmodules.xml

transforms

    <refsynopsisdiv>
    <simpara>.gitmodules</simpara>

    </refsynopsisdiv>

to

    .SH "SYNOPSIS"
    .gitmodules

".gitmodules" is not shown in the manpage and vim highlights the ".gi"
just like ".SH" in a special color.  Perhaps we should just highlight
.gitmodules like commands with single quotes.  This solves both
problems :)