Subject: Re: git-p4import.py robustness changes

From: Simon Hausmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:34:42 +0200

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 23:06:49 Scott Lamb wrote:
> Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > _If_ one of you decides to pull then my plan is to discontinue the git-p4
> > branch in the fast-export repository and instead work in a git.git fork
> > on repo.or.cz (similar to the fastimport repository).
>
> So you'll continue maintain this code and others should submit changes
> through you? What is the best way to do so? (Not sure what it was
> before, or if it would change under this plan.) Email a format-patch To:
> you? Cc: this list? some other list? no list?

I would say whichever you prefer :)

For the fast-export repository multiple people have access and for example 
after Han-Wen made a lot of patches I asked Chris Lee (owner of the module on 
repo.or.cz) to add Han-Wen to the list of people with push access and he 
pushed his changes directly. I actually like working that way for a project 
that is as simple as that, I don't mind if somebody pushes simple changes 
directly as much as I like discussing bigger plans if they potentially clash 
with somebody else's work or use-case.

So if git-p4 continues to live in fast-export I'll continue to encourage Chris 
Lee to give git-p4 contributors push access, if it's in a git.git fork I'd be 
happy to do so myself (give access).

If git-p4 also ends up in git/contrib/fastimport and somebody likes to send 
patches to Junio or somebody else and CC this list that's fine with me, too.

It's just a few lines of python code after all ;-)

Simon