Subject: Re: merging git-p4 into git/fastimport.git (second try)

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:00:18 -0400

Simon Hausmann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> after reworking most of the really short commit logs and adding the missing 
> SOB lines I'd like to ask for consideration of merging git-p4 as part of 
> contrib/fastimport/ from
> 
> 	git://repo.or.cz/fast-export.git git-p4

Most of the commits look pretty good.  The effort you have put into
cleaning them up shows.

However, many of the oneline descriptions from Han-Wen Nienhuys
are still really short and not very descriptive.  They won't look
very good in Junio's "What's in git.git".  A few of yours are
also pretty long winded for a typical oneline in git.git, but I'd
rather have a descriptive-but-long oneline anytime over a short
and undescriptive one.

So I'm seriously considering merging this at this point.  I'm heading
out to dinner and will look at it more again when I get back, but
I think we should just bite the bullet and bring it into core Git.

-- 
Shawn.