Subject: Re: git tool to keep a subversion mirror

From: Jan Hudec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:45:51 +0200

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 21:49:42 +0300, Sergey Yanovich wrote:
> I am actively using git for my project. Thanks everyone envolved.
> 
> However, I got tired of administering own web server and registered my
> project at sourceforge. Unlike repo.or.cz (thanks again for everyone
> envolved), they do not provide git hosting. But a project without a
> source repository is non-sence.

It is. But project on sourceforge with source repository on repo.or.cz is
perfectly ok.

Providing subversion interface to your project might make sense, but on the
other hand you probably want your potential contributors make contributions
with git and not with subversion.

As yet another alternative you might want to go to some other hosting. Maybe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_hosting_facilities
could be good starting point for looking for some.

-- 
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <[email-masked]>