Subject: Re: git for subversion users

From: Alexander Litvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:02:09 +0700

В сообщении от 26 июня 2007 11:33 Sam Vilain написал(a):
> There's your first issue - misunderstanding branching :)  You should end
> up realising that every little idea or feature forms a code branch in
> the direction of its implementation, the choice is whether to let the
> branches twist and grow together or train them in clear directions.

git-svn has one major trouble with branch handling: merge two branches that 
are different branches at svn. Or simply start from different point from svn 
branch.

git-svn dcommit operation tries to figure out where to commit at svn side and 
fail at these conditions. It seems to me this happend becuse it uses special 
line at git's commit comment and in case of such merge it does not know there 
to commit. I did not found how to deal with this situation.

So, git-svn just a offline-capable version of svn client with linear history. 
Sure. you can fork your own branch and then merge it into svn branch again 
but you should really careful about this.

I even does not know the way to solve this problem.

---
Alexander Litvinov.