Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk - Make selection highlight color configurable

From: [email-masked] (Brian Downing)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:54:52 -0500

Mark Levedahl wrote:
> Cygwin's tk by default uses a very dark selection background color
> that makes the currently selected text almost unreadable. On linux,
> the default selection background is a light gray which is very usable.
> This makes the default a light gray everywhere but allows the user to
> configure the color as well.

I noticed this, and also noticed that the dark color in question was
in fact the default Windows selection background color.  Unfortunately,
wish/gitk doesn't also use the default Windows selection foreground color
(white), so the result is pretty unreadable.

When playing with Git on Windows I worked around the problem by changing
the selection color system-wide.

(This patch is perhaps better than making it work the "Windows way"
with the right system foreground color, though, as the tag and branch
markers are also pretty ugly against a dark background...)

-bcd
-- 
*** Brian Downing <[email-masked]>