Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-mergetool: add support for ediff

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:03:28 -0400

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 06:31:50PM -0700, Jason Sewall wrote:
> >     echo "merge tool candidates: $merge_tool_candidates"

This was a debugging echo that slipped by; I had never intended for it
to be kept.

> print out emerge and ediff twice, presumably because we're adding it
> in for both "visual" emacs and "regular" (i.e. -nw) emacs. I suck at
> shell scripts, so I'm probably missing something but what why do we
> have all of that testing for emacs + vim if we just add their tools
> anyway right afterwards?

Some things get added twice but in a different order because the
search order matters.  But in terms of adding emerge and ediff, yes,
there's no point, since they always get added in the same order.  

I'll have to look at the two and see why people like one over the
other, and then we'll have to pick which one should be the default.
Although as I've said, past a certain point people should just put
their personal preference in .gitconfig.

						- Ted