Subject: Re: Bug: segfault during git-prune

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:25:37 +0100

On Monday 2007 July 02, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Just for clarity, I'd use "process_gitlink()" here (and it would probably
> be a good idea to use process_blob() on the blob we look up too), and the
> proper tab indentation, but yes, I think you're otherwise exactly right.

I've pushed it out as-is as a bug fix patch now; and will happilly make the 
above change on top.  However, I've not understood what all the parameters 
are for in the process_XXXX() functions:

static void process_gitlink(const unsigned char *sha1,
			    struct object_array *p,
			    struct name_path *path,
			    const char *name)

the sha1 and name I can read out of the cache_entry structure, but I'm not 
sure about the object_array and name_path structures in the context of 
add_cache_refs().

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIET
[email-masked]