Subject: Re: git-svn: tagging trunk in SVN with git-svn?

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:35:09 -0700

martin f krafft <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Dear list,
> 
> I searched the list(s) and even read the code of git-svn, but I am
> none the wiser now. From what I understand, git-svn is primarily
> used to interact with subversion, rather than doing one-shot imports
> (which it can do as well).
> 
> I am using it now and it works like a charm (thanks!). However,
> I cannot really figure out how to tag the remote trunk from within
> git-svn. I tried `git tag tags/1.2.57`, `git tag 1.2.57` and `git
> branch tags/1.2.57`, but in none of the three cases does dcommit
> think that it needs to push anything upstream.
> 
> Is what I am trying to do possible, or do I need to use svn for
> that?

git-svn doesn't currently know how to create new tags/patches.  It's
been requested but I haven't had much time or desire to implement it,
patches accepted :)

I just use "svn cp url1 url2", but I agree having git-svn automatically
know about that branch would be nice.

-- 
Eric Wong