Subject: Re: [PATCH] Internationalization of git-gui

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:04:56 -0400

Brett Schwarz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This is a good idea. However, I assume the _ proc is just sugar. It
> might be better to follow a more "standard" way for this, and just
> import the msgcat namespace, and then you can just use [mc]. For
> example:
> 
> package require msgcat
> namespace import ::msgcat::*
>   .
>   .
>   .
> .mbar add cascade -label [mc Repository] -menu .mbar.repository

Not just better, I'd prefer it.  The proc name "_" is cute but
is just too darn short.  I would much prefer to use "mc" and just
say that "mc" in all of git-gui's namespaces is reserved for the
message catalog, much as "cb" is already reserved for setting up
callbacks for Tcl/Tk event handlers.

-- 
Shawn.