Subject: Re: [PATCH] Internationalization of git-gui

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:03:38 -0400

Christian Stimming <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Thanks for working on this!  Its something I knew we need to do,
but hadn't brought myself to do, because I speak English, and pretty
much only English.  Unless Tcl counts.  ;-)
 
> Am Samstag, 21. Juli 2007 04:17 schrieb Shawn O. Pearce:
> >
> > Please send one patch per email message, inline and not attached.
> > This way they are easy to review, respond to and comment on.
> 
> I'll try to do that, but at the workplace where I work on this issue I'm 
> forced to use a webmailer and I have to check whether this leaves the patches 
> intact.

Can you push to the mob branch on repo.or.cz?  Or setup your own
git-gui fork repository there?  Or someplace?  If so you can still
copy and paste the message into email for quick review and comment,
but I can actually pull the Git objects from a repository, and I
know Git won't corrupt things.
 
> > Dscho recently created a fork of git-gui.git here:
> >
> >   http://repo.or.cz/w/git-gui/git-gui-i18n.git
> >
> > and added your patch series into it.  But I'd like to see some
> > cleanups before it merges in, and I want to hold off on actually
> > applying it into git-gui 0.8.0 is released, 
> 
> Was this meant to say "hold off until git-gui 0.8.0 is released"? Sure, no 
> problem.

More or less.  I'm interested in this series, so I'm happy to get the
patches.  But I won't put them into 0.8.0, as I think it is too late
in the development period.  Especially for a build system change.
I've had too many bugs because of changes to the Makefile in prior
versions of git-gui.  But I am hoping that they will be among the
very first things applied after I tag 0.8.0 and start the 0.9.0
development cycle.  :-)
 
> I'll submit an updated set of patches by beginning of next week. Thank you 
> very much for the feedback.

Thanks.

-- 
Shawn.