Subject: Re: Git tree for old kernels from before the current tree

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:22:10 -0400

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:44:57PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> 
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Theodore Tso wrote:
> > 
> > Um, *I* never had the bad taste to import Linux kernels into CVS.  :-)
> 
> Ahh. I just checked. 
> 
> RCS.
> 
> There are old linux archive of yours that has some RCS files in it (0.10 
> and 0.12 at least)

Ah, yes, I used to use RCS in order to generate the patches that I
sent to use.  The RCS directories were short-term, and never lasted
longer until the next kernel release.  I'm kind of surprised that I
actually had archives that had RCS files, since tsx-11 should have
just had the original tar.gz files from ftp.cs.helsinki.edu.  Maybe
for some reason the original files got nuked and I replaced it with
one of my saved files at one point.  I dunno....

       	  	      	     	     - Ted