Subject: Re: Gitweb and submodules

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:29:16 +0200

On Fri, 27 July 2007, Sven Verdoolaege wrote
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 01:22:49PM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:

> > But for that I need a question answered: how to find GIT_DIR of 
> > repository which contains submodule objects? We have to assume in 
> > gitweb that repositories are bare...
> 
> You'll have to add a configuration variable for that.
> The submodule may not even be on the same server.

What do you think about using "submodule.$name.gitdir" configuration 
variable for that? It has to be configuration variable because the 
location of repository which has submodule objects doesn't change when 
checking out (or rewinding) to different commit in supermodule.

As a special case I'd use 'no value' to note that submodule objects are 
contained in the supermodule repository.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland