Subject: Re: [RFC (take 2) Git User's Survey 2007

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:31:38 -0400

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Might be nice to know how many people are interested in the
> > Eclipse plugin.  But aside from that, I don't think its worth
> > including much about it.  Maybe just have a checkbox under
> > some heading like:
> >
> >   What features is Git currently missing for your needs?
> 
> Intresting.
> 
> If we make this a Web based survey (and I think that is the
> sensible thing to do --- many people do not want to send ballot
> over mail), I wonder if we can randomize these multi-selection
> answers to get unskewed results...

Yes.  I think its already been agreed upon to make this a web based
survey, as that is easy to submit and accumlate the results through.
Many web based survey systems allow you to randomize the order of
the answers, for exactly the reason you state.

Personally I've always found such surveys to be annoying, but on
the other hand it really forces me to slow down and read the thing
when I can't just binary search through the answers looking for
what I think should be there.

-- 
Shawn.