Subject: Re: cvs2svn conversion directly to git ready for experimentation

From: Oswald Buddenhagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 09:58:00 +0200

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 07:59:41PM -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I seem to recall discussing an algorithm  to fix this on the cvs2svn
> mailing list. There was a somewhat simple way to correlate the
> "unlabeled-1.2.4" in one file might be the same as "unlabeled-1.2.6"
> problem.
> 
yes, name them after the first symbol that appears on them. like
unlabeled-1.2.4 being named __KDE_3_5_RELEASE because of such tag
(without the underscores, obviously) appearing on it.
the naive per-file implementation doesn't get you that far, though.
again, one'd have to collect data from all files first, correlate
it and make a "majority vote". very similar to your favorite symbol
source problem. ;)

-- 
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please!
--
Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.