Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-p4: Fix support for symlinks.

From: Brian Swetland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 02:10:49 -0700

[Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>]
> Simon Hausmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> [ patch for correct symlink handling ]
> 
> Thanks for a quick fix.
> 
> Brian, does this resolve the issue for you?  I do not have an
> access to p4 myself so I won't make a good judge in this area
> myself.  An Ack is appreciated.

Ack.

Looks good here.  I can now sync from the p4 tree into git, check out
from git and do a clean build, and everything's happy.

Thanks for the quick fix, Simon!

One observation on git-p4 -- it's a little memory hungry when processing
large syncs.  I haven't tried incremental syncs on top of the initial
one though -- if it's only the initial that's expensive it's not that
big a deal.

It seemed to top out around 988MB resident.  The branch I was importing
is about 562MB when checked out and the resulting git repository is
about 175MB.

Brian