Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Introduces xmkstemp()

From: "Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:17:04 -0300

Hi Carlos,

Em Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:11:02 +0200
"Carlos Rica" <[email-masked]> escreveu:

| 2007/8/14, Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino <[email-masked]>:
| >
| > This is a wrapper for mkstemp() that performs error checking and
| > calls die() when an error occur.
| 
| I think that it is related with the git_mkstemp() function in path.c.

 Yeah, you right.

| Perhaps we should use xmkstemp inside that function too, since
| it is only used in diff.c and after the call it also dies when fd<0.

 Actually, git_mkstemp() is also called by your builtin-verify-tag.c
program and the function which calls it (run_gpg_verify()) doesn't
die() on error.

 This series is not supposed to change programs/design behaivor,
hence I've chosen to not port the calls which doesn't explicit die
on error.

 But feel free to go ahead and port the others. ;)

-- 
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino