Subject: stgit 0.13 import mbox problems

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:22:54 -0700

Hi,

I wanted to see if I could start using stgit instead of quilt, so I
tried to import my current set of kernel patches.

After giving up on the "import a series" option, I just created a mbox
of all of them using quilt and tried to import that.  Unfortunately that
didn't work either:
	$ stg import -M ~/linux/patches/mbox
	Checking for changes in the working directory ... done
	Importing patch "add-my-version-to-the-kernel" ... done
	Importing patch "stupid-patch-for-my-laptop-whi" ... done
	Importing patch "gregs-test-driver-core-sysfs-s" ... done
	Importing patch "detect-atomic-counter-underflo" ... done
	Warning: Message does not contain any diff
	stg import: No diff found inside the patch

I'm using the .13 version if that matters.

The mbox contains 177 kernel patches against Linus's current tree
(2.6.23-rc3-git5), and is available at:
	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/misc/gregkh-stgit-import-mbox.gz
if anyone wants to test it out and see what I was doing wrong.

Any hints?

Oh, I do have some suggestions as to the naming of the patch from a mail
file, as limiting this to a small number of characters like stgit
currently does will not work out for a lot of my patches, but I'll wait
until I can actually import the thing before I look into that :)

thanks,

greg k-h