Subject: Re: stgit 0.13 import mbox problems

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:42:01 -0700

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 02:31:11PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:43:22AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > I really do like quilt, but wanted to see how well my current workflow
> > could be by using stgit as I'm constantly rebasing the main kernel
> > version against -git snapshots and sometimes that isn't frequent enough.
> 
> So just want to be able to rebase more than once a day?  Then why not
> just run quilt on top of git?  Pop off all your quilt patches, git pull,
> push them all back on again....

Yes, I can do that, but I already keep the patch set in a different git
tree, so that others can sync up with me at times.

I was just thinking that it might be easier to use stgit and then only
have to use one git tree to do everything, as this is what stgit is for
:)

Just always trying to see if I can make my life easier and help out with
making git better overall...

thanks,

greg k-h