Subject: GitWiki: GUI editing and Wikipedia-like syntax incompatibile

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 01:37:34 +0200

Pasky, could you please either turn off GUI editing on GitWiki, or make 
it compatibile with Wikipedia-like syntax.

With Wikipedia-like syntax we denote links by [[link]], and macros by 
{{macro}} (for example {{BR}} and {{TableOfContents(2)}}). In default 
MoinMoin syntax _macros_ use [[macro]] syntax, and you use ["link"] to 
force non-CamelCase link.

Editing page which uses Wikipedia-like syntax with GUI editing makes the 
following changes:

  [[CamelCase]]         -->   CamelCase
  [[Link]]              -->   ["Link"]

(this is not much trouble, beside fact that everyone is used to 
Wikipedia syntax)

  [[Link|the link]]     -->   [:Link:the link]

(much less people understand MoinMoin notation that Wikipedia pipe link)

  {{Macro}}             -->   [[Macro]]

(which causes macro to be displayed as link to nowehere and DO NOT 
WORK!!!)

  Camel``Case           -->   Camel{{{}}}Case

(a bit harder to read).

To everybody else: please avoid GUI editing till it is corrected. TIA.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland