Subject: Re: [PATCH 11/12] documentation: replace Discussion section by link to user-manual chapter

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:56:06 -0400

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 11:01:57PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> J. Bruce Fields wrote:
>> +
>> +A git project normally consists of a working directory with a ".git"
>> +subdirectory at the top level.  The .git directory contains, among other
>> +things, a compressed object database representing the complete history
>> +of the project, a set of pointers into that history ("refs")
>
> ... into that history ("refs" - branches and tags)

I slept on it and took another look, and decided you were right; this is
what I have there now:
 
  A git project normally consists of a working directory with a ".git"
  subdirectory at the top level.  The .git directory contains, among
  other things, a compressed object database representing the complete
  history of the project, an "index" file which links that history to
  the current contents of the working tree, and named pointers into that
  history such as tags and branch heads.
 
--b.