Subject: [PATCH 0/5] More builtin-fetch fixes

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 04:54:44 -0400

Yet another round of builtin-fetch fixes.  This series fixes the
latest breakage in `pu` for this topic along with an annoying
warning when using the http transport.

The third patch in the series is a behavior change for git-fetch.
The commit message discusses it in detail.  Junio and I kicked this
around on #git earlier this morning.

At this point myself and a few other experienced-with-Git coworkers
are running this builtin-fetch "in production" for all daily tasks.
We don't use *everything* that the tool supports as I did not know
about this breakage in branch.$name.merge until tonight when Junio
mentioned it, but for some of the really common cases we are quite
happy with builtin-fetch.  Especially its performance as we're
seeing speedups of 25x or more on Cygwin/Windows.

I still believe there's work yet to be done on this topic as I'm
quite sure the transfer.unpackLimit is not being honored.  I meant
to look at that tonight but wound up wasting all night and morning on
the 3rd patch of this series.  I will try to work on the unpackLimit
issue Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

-- 
Shawn.