Subject: Re: [rfc] git submodules howto

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:55:29 -0400

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 05:47:34PM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 09:29:40AM -0400, "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > > 2) does this worth adding to the documentation? maybe to a .txt under
> > > Documentation/howto? or to git-submodule.txt?
> > 
> > Could you add it as a new chapter to user-manual.txt (probably just
> > after the "git concepts" chapter), and then add links to that chapter
> > from git-submodule(1) and gitmodules(5)?
> 
> hm, i did not know about the wiki page Michael created yesterday. so i
> don't know what's the rule in case: if something is already in the wiki
> then should or should not it be added to the 'official docs'?

It should.  We also need submodules documentation for the "official"
documentation.

If you want to base that work off of that wiki page instead of your
original email, that's fine.  Just make sure you get Michael's
permission first.

--b.