Subject: Re: [OT] Re: C++ *for Git*

From: David Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:25:27 -0700

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 04:09:51AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 12:50:00AM +0200, Alex Unleashed wrote:
>> I'd say being forced to be explicit is a good thing here, so that the
>> programmer at least has some sort of good understanding of what is
>> going on, and chances are that if he doesn't really know, things just
>> won't work out (quite unlike a lot of other languages where this
>> programmer might actually end up with something half-assed that
>> "mostly" works).
>> For some reason it seems to me a lot harder to find bad programmers
>> surviving using C than a lot of the other languages.
>
>Idiot-proofness-by-complexity is a myth IMHO. Idiots can be quite
>persistent...

I work with plenty of them :-)  It's all C.  All of the same things happen,
with management looking for magic bullets to solve problems caused by bad
programmers.

Dave