Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove 'submodules' from the TODO section of the User Manual.

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:02:52 -0400

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 09:57:31PM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> i was this in the todo:
> 
> "Add a section on working with other version control systems, including
> CVS, Subversion, and just imports of series of release tarballs."
> 
> to questions:
> 
> 1) does this include documentation about git-svn? i mean a howto similar
> to the submodules chapter.

Could be.  Though when I used it I thought the git-svn manpage was
actually very good, so I'd be tempted to just point to that.

> 2) does it worth to document a typical usage of tailor? we used it a lot
> when converting from darcs to git and once you figure out the right
> options, it's really easy to use it. but maybe it's unrelated.

I think we should try to keep the git documentation mostly confined to
tools that are distributed with git itself.  So it might be worth a few
words just to mention the existance of tailor and how it compares to
other tools, but I'd leave it at that.

--b.