Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't checkout the full tree if avoidable

From: Steven Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:12:27 -0400

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 04:08:55AM -0700, Eric Wong wrote:
> Steven Walter wrote:
> > One criticism of the patch: the trees_match function probably needs to
> > be re-written.  My SVN::Perl-foo is weak.
> 
> Yep :)
> 
> Steven:
> 
> How does the following work for you?  Which version of SVN do you have,
> by the way?  I just found a bug with the way SVN::Client::diff() is
> exported for SVN 1.1.4, hence the SVN::Pool->new_default_sub usage.

swalter@sentra:~% svn --version
svn, version 1.3.2 (r19776)

This version works great; seems to have exactly the same behavior as my
patch.  Verified that it still falls back to the do_update code when
trees_match fails.
-- 
-Steven Walter <[email-masked]>
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders,
give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new
problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
   -Robert Heinlein