Subject: Re: [StGit PATCH 4/8] Don't split long and short description in "stg edit"

From: David Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:40:10 -0700

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 01:17:35AM +0200, Karl Hasselström wrote:
>"stg edit" used to present the patch information like this:
>
>  Short description
>
>  From: ...
>  Date: ...
>
>  Long description
>
>If the project follows the git convention with a single-line short
>description and follwed by a blank line and the rest of the
>description, this merely looks a little odd. However, for projects
>that don't follow that convention, presenting the first line
>separately is actively inconvenient; for example, it breaks emacs's
>fill-paragraph command.

I think this fix is better to begin with.  I found it especially confusing
when there was only a single line commit message.  Now the header looks
like a header :-)

David