Subject: Re: Two minor glitches in git-gui

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:50:24 -0400

Michele Ballabio <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Linux:
>   1. run git-gui
>   2. open edit->options dialog box
>   3. click on "select font". It will open the "choose font" box.
>   4. click on "options" box to give it focus.
>   5. return to the "choose font" box and try to choose a font.
> 
> At this point, the "choose font" box won't react to my actions.
> 
> The workaround is to iconify the "select font" dialog box and
> then restore it. Can someone reproduce this?
> 
> I think I've seen a similar behaviour before, on git-gui's
> about window, but I'm not sure (it doesn't trigger anymore).
> 
> The other problem is that it is possible to open the same
> "choose font" box many times (one is enough :).

I've actually seen this once before on X11.  I thought that I had
it fixed.  Apparently not.  Its got to do with the fact that I have
a grab on the options dialog, and then I set another one on the
font dialog.  Switching focus into the options dialog causes all
window to no longer go to the font dialog, but the option dialog
is the one with the focus.

I'll try to poke at it more and see if I can figure it out.  But
I already thought I had.  :-\

Thanks for the bug report.

-- 
Shawn.