Subject: Re: [msysGit] Re: [PATCH] git-gui: offer a list of recent repositories on startup

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:19:54 -0400

Steffen Prohaska <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> >
> >The patch below uses a text widget instead and renders each of
> >the repositories as a blue underlined link.
> 
> This is similar to what I had in mind, but was lacking tk knowledge
> to implement it.

Heh.  Tk makes some things easy, assuming you know what you are
doing.  It makes some other things damn near impossible, even if
you do know all of Tk and its internals too.  Anyway, your patches
were a really good start on this and it saved me a lot of time to
just tweak what you already had.  So I really appreciate you taking
the time to work on the first two iterations of this feature.

> I haven't applied your patch but only read through it. Looks good
> to me.

The combined result is now in my `pu` branch on repo.or.cz.
Remember that I freely rebase that branch and any topic in it,
so I might wind up rebasing this topic before I finally merge it
to master.

I have given the change some light testing tonight but want to
beat on it more and also fix the radio button issue you pointed
out before I merge this series of improvements into master.

-- 
Shawn.