Subject: Re: git-fast-import crashes

From: Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:04:05 +0200

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 08:01:18AM +0000, Shun Kei Leung wrote:
> >   What I _really_ need is that you run your test into valgrind (the easy
> > way is to rename git-fast-import into git-fast-import.bin, and make
> > git-fast-import be a shell-script doing:
> ....
> 
> valgrind is not yet ported to Mac OS X, sadly enough.

  hmmm I see. hmmm isn't there _any_ chance that you can have access to
a linux box to see if that fails in the same conditions ? I mean I
believe qemu (or virtual pc or …) on your macos would be just fine.

  But this realloc() that returns 0xd looks fishy. I would be tempted to
think of a stack corruption, but the frame just before still looks
correct so I'm confused. And valgrind is definitely the tool to use for
stack smashing and other memory related corruptions :/

  Using gcc -Wstack-protector may also help.

-- 
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [email-masked]
OOO                                                http://www.madism.org