Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/25] Add a simple option parser.

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 03:24:19 -0400

Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The option parser takes argc, argv, an array of struct option
> and a usage string. ...

OK, I've chewed down some version of this series.  ;-)

To be more specific I fetched ph/parseopt (11b83dc4da) from your
tree at git://git.madism.org/git.git and split it apart somewhat.
All of the patches were rebased onto my most recent master but I
also yanked the two that impacted the builtin-fetch series out and
layered them over a merge of db/fetch-pack and my version of your
ph/parseopt series.

Why?  Well I want to keep our options open about which series
graduates to master first.  Although builtin-fetch has been cooking
for a while there's been a number of issues with that code.
There exists a (perhaps small) chance that ph/parseopt will be
ready before db/fetch-pack.

Currently ph/parseopt is in pu.  Tomorrow I'll look at the usage
strings in more depth and see if any improvements can be easily
made.  I already made one suggested by Dscho in builtin-add.

-- 
Shawn.