Subject: git-apply segfault

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:00:01 +0100

Hello,

I've not got time to investigate this further just now, I'll try later.  In 
case anyone else wants to though; I just got this core dump when running git 
rebase using current git master (1.5.3.4.206.g58ba4):

Core was generated by `git 
apply --allow-binary-replacement --index .dotest/patch'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xb7cd42a0 in memchr () from /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7cd42a0 in memchr () from /lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#1  0x080c0931 in convert_to_git (path=0x8129a88 "ui/dmswindow.cc", 
src=0xb7c3d008 <Address 0xb7c3d008 out of bounds>, len=88306, dst=0xbfb689bc)
    at convert.c:428
#2  0x0804ecfd in check_patch_list (patch=0x81299d0) at builtin-apply.c:1434
#3  0x080510fa in apply_patch (fd=1, filename=0xffffffff <Address 0xffffffff 
out of bounds>, inaccurate_eof=1) at builtin-apply.c:2686
#4  0x0805233e in cmd_apply (argc=4, argv=0xbfb69d18, unused_prefix=0x0) at 
builtin-apply.c:2853
#5  0x0804ab3b in handle_internal_command (argc=4, argv=0xbfb69d18) at 
git.c:284
#6  0x0804b19f in main (argc=2037149808, argv=0x612d2d00) at git.c:467

It was (unfortunately) on a private repository so I can't share it for 
testing, but am happy to do tests if wanted.

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIET
[email-masked]