Subject: Re: Git User's Survey 2007 summary - git homepage improvements

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:47:14 +0200

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:05:26AM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:12:47PM +0200, Jan Hudec wrote:
> > Note, that none of the other vcs' have a homepage at theirname.org --
> > subversion is svn.tigris.org, bazaar is bazaaz-vcs.org, mercurial is
> > www.selenic.com/mercurial, svk is svk.bestpractical.com, monotone is
> > monotone.ca. So git-vcs.org would be quite good.
> 
> If someone trustworthy in the community has the resources to sponsor the
> domain, I will only be happy and gladly set it up on my side (I can run
> the nameservers myself too, if required).  But I don't have the
> resources for registering the domain myself, unfortunately.

Ok, it turns out that I can get a domain arranged even for free, so if
someone has some fancy idea...

I wonder who took git-vcs.org. :-( Maybe some evil competing VCS? ;-)

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Early to rise and early to bed makes a male healthy and wealthy and dead.
                -- James Thurber