Subject: [PATCH] Change 'Deltifying objects' to 'Delta compressing objects'

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:45:27 -0400

Recently I was referred to the Grammar Police as the git-pack-objects
progress message 'Deltifying %u objects' is considered to be not
proper English to at least some small but vocal segment of the
English speaking population.  Techncially we are applying delta
compression to these objects at this stage, so the new term is
slightly more acceptable to the Grammar Police but is also just
as correct.

Signed-off-by: Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]>
---

 To go on top of your 'np/progress' series that is currently in next.
 I think it might keep us out of trouble with certain individuals...

 builtin-pack-objects.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/builtin-pack-objects.c b/builtin-pack-objects.c
index 15d3750..f79fc0b 100644
--- a/builtin-pack-objects.c
+++ b/builtin-pack-objects.c
@@ -1718,7 +1718,7 @@ static void prepare_pack(int window, int depth)
 	if (nr_deltas && n > 1) {
 		unsigned nr_done = 0;
 		if (progress)
-			start_progress(&progress_state, "Deltifying objects",
+			start_progress(&progress_state, "Delta compressing objects",
 					nr_deltas);
 		qsort(delta_list, n, sizeof(*delta_list), type_size_sort);
 		ll_find_deltas(delta_list, n, window+1, depth, &nr_done);
-- 
1.5.3.4.1249.g895be