Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] git-fetch: mega-terse fetch output

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:17:55 -0400

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 11:03:00AM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> Well, the important thing is that the _content_ is moving from the 
> remote repository to the local one.  That's how the arrow should be 
> interpreted conceptually.  The fact that technically we end up assigning 
> the local ref with the remote value is a technical issue.

If the _content_ is moving from the remote repository to the local
one, I would think the arrow should be pointing from the remote
repoistory to the local one, i.e.:

  * 895be02..2fe5433   next <- spearce/next

But right now we are proposing:

  * 895be02..2fe5433   next -> spearce/next

I would think the former makes more sense is the content is going
*from* spearce/next into the local next branch.

This isn't a huge deal, but these tiny things make a large amount of
difference in usability for the novice who just getting started with
git....

						- Ted