Subject: Re: What's cooking in git/spearce.git (topics)

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:34:54 -0400

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Thanks for keeping the git list running smoothly while I was away.

Funny thing.  There's this tool called "git" that makes it really
easy to fork a project, apply patches straight from email, and
republish it for others to read and work on top of.  You should
check it out sometime.  :-)
 
> I've pulled the four integration branches from you, and split
> out the topic branches out of next and pu so that I can take a
> look at them individually.  I haven't looked at the actual
> changes yet (but I do not have to, as long as I can trust
> capable others), and only skimmed the list messages (about 2200
> of them since I left).
> 
> git.git at k.org and alt-git.git at repo.or.cz should be in sync
> with you now.  I'll take a look at the recent changes after
> grabbing some sleep ;-)

We're glad to have you back.  Or should I say _I'm_ glad to have
you back.  Never underestimate a man until you've at least walked
a week in his shoes.  :-)

Most of the patches that happened while you were away were merged
or parked into my git/spearce.git work (in large part thanks
to Lars Hjemli's work during the first week you were offline).
So hopefully you can just pickup from "recent history" (e.g. today
forward) and if we missed anything really interesting authors can
repost once you've had a chance to get caught up.

-- 
Shawn.