Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: Scott Parish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:08:52 -0700

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:51:28AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> * js/PATH (Sun Oct 21 22:59:01 2007 +0100) 1 commit
>  - execv_git_cmd(): also try PATH if everything else fails.
> 
> I do not quite get why this is needed; need to go back to the
> discussion myself.  On the other hand, I found the alternative
> approach suggested on the list very interesting (i.e. instead of
> "also try", just letting exec*p use PATH, relying on the fact
> that we do prepend-to-path anyway).  What happened to it?  Was
> there a downside?

The main downside that was raised was MingW compatibility, but
Schindelin and Sixt both said that it could wait until further
work is done porting to MingW.

Should i resend my string of patches? I've seen people numbering
their patches, should i do that as well?

Thanks
sRp

-- 
Scott Parish
http://srparish.net/