Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-cvsimport: Add -N option to force a new import

From: Robin Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:45:39 +0200

torsdag 25 oktober 2007 skrev Matt McCutchen:
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 20:17 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > Matt McCutchen <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 
> > > I had a git repository for development of rsync and wanted to start
> > > importing the upstream CVS with git-cvsimport, but git-cvsimport saw
> > > that the git repository existed and insisted on updating a previous
> > > import.  This patch adds an -N option to git-cvsimport to force a new
> > > import and updates the documentation appropriately.
> > 
> > Sounds like a useful addition.  Tests?
> 
> Are there existing tests for git-cvsimport somewhere whose example I
> could follow?  (I didn't see any in t/ .)  If not, I suppose I will just
> write a simple script that runs git-cvsimport with and without -N and
> with and without an existing, empty git repository and checks that the
> right things happen.

None, but there should be. I also think cvsps should be included in the git 
repo since it is required and AFAIK, only git people maintain it. 

Now I don't use cvsimport to import my CVS repos, so I'll pass on adding test 
cases. It is a non-trivial task 

I did it for cvsexportcommit which didn't have any tests when I started 
hacking it.

-- robin