Subject: Re: git-fast-import segfaults

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:53:01 -0400

cpettitt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm seeing the following errors when I run git-fast-import (on Intel
> OSX) with some data from a git-p4 import:
...
> I believe these errors started showing up in commit
> b449f4cfc972929b638b90d375b8960c37790618. I did a bisect on
> fast-import.c and this was the first commit for that file that
> exhibits this bug with the input.
> 
> I thought I would check with the list to see if this is a known issue
> before I spend time trying to dig into it.

It is a known issue.  Someone else has reported the same thing,
and bisecting pointed at the same commit.  But they weren't able
to supply their input data for debugging by Pierre or myself as it
was a private project and they haven't had a chance to attempt to
debug it on their own.

Any light you can shed on the problem would be most appreciated.

-- 
Shawn.