Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] Introduce --dirty option to git-rebase, allowing you to start from a dirty state.

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 01:08:30 -0400

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Doesn't this have the exact same problem with the one in 'next'
> > that uses "git-stash create", which Shawn said he was upset
> > about, and I said I will revert?
> 
> Sorry, --dirty is not the default, which changes everything.
> Forget what I said, sorry for the noise.

I'm happy with having --dirty, but AS AN OPTION.  Heck, I'd probably
use it sometimes, but only if it also reapplies the stash after
the rebase is complete.  But doing that stash/apply automatically
is really freaking annoying.

For the same reasons why I like git-checkout not defaulting to -m.
I want Git to stop by default if I'm about to possibly go into a
command that is going to cause conflicts, as I may not be ready to
deal with them right now.

-- 
Shawn.