Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:25:21 +0100

Petr Baudis napisał:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 01:04:03AM +0100, Jakub Narebski wrote:

>> Is 'getopts' bash-ism, or is it in POSIX?
> 
> 	http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/getopts.html
> 
> (Also, most modern distributions have manpage section 1p (3p, ...) with
> the same contents, so you can check for this stuff pretty easily.)

Thanks.

I have just realized however that it doesn't help any (option parser
not only for C builtin, but also for shell scripts, Perl scripts and
Python scripts). First, we (the git development community) do not
consider fact that something is in POSIX as indicator that we can use
the construct. Second, getopts delas IIRC only with _short_ options.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland