Subject: Re: git push mirror mode

From: Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:44:35 +0000

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 12:19:18PM +0000, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> 
> > Ok, sometime back Junio sent out a proof-of-concept change to
> > send-pack allowing a mirror mode.
> 
> You added/left his sign-off, but did not attribute the patches to him.  
> Why?

I believe I left his signed off by from the original (first) patch, and
added mine to indicate that what I had modified was also unecombered.
The second patch is only signed off by me as I am the author.  In my
world (admittedly a kernel hacker) the first Signed-off-by: indicates the
primary authorship of that patch and the [apw@...] part tries to clarify
the changes I made therein.

No intentional stripping of credit was intended, and I believe that the
attribution as written states Junio is the originator of this patch.
However that is the way I would read the meanings of these lines, if git
has different rules or you think there is a clearer way of stating this
I am happy to change it, and resend it so attributed.

-apw